Friday, September 11, 2020

Who do you say I am.

Christ Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith, Hebrews 12:2. He was there in the beginning and he will be there in the end. God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, 1Corinthians 1:27. That is those who think they know everything and they've got it all figured out. God does things that naturally do not make sense. Just when I think I know something he reminds me his ways are not my ways nor his thoughts my thoughts, Isaiah 55:8-9. My mind cannot even reach the level God is on. 

In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth. He spoke and his word brought things into existence, Genesis 1:1-27. Then he said let us make man in our own image (this is where it became intimate and personal because he created man with his hands). In everything else, God's word did the creating and completed the work. God sent his word and created everything we see today. 

God said He watches over his word to perform it, Jeremiah 1:12. He even sent His word to show up on His behalf. Genesis 15 says the word of the Lord came. Read numbers 15:31 and Psalms 119:105. Hebrews 4:12 says God's word is alive and powerful. 

In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God, John 1:1. So who is the word? Read down to John 1:10-14. John goes on to say; 
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Again I ask who is the word? Who do you say I AM, Matthew 16:15-16?

No comments:

Post a Comment