Sunday, July 19, 2020

Scripture Points for Who is Who, What?

    If you haven't thought it yourself you may have been asked, "who are you?". Common answers consists of skin tone, your last name, who your parents are, where you were born, what you do for a living, or how society sees you. Depending on what the answer would be it usually sets minimal limits or high exaltation on ones self.
   
     I actually used a lot of scripture in the expression so I will pull that out first. 'I thank God that if any man be in Christ he is a new creation'. This came from 2Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature(NKJ): old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." It helps to read more so I encourage you to start at the beginning of 2Corinthians 5 or at least around 5:15 and take it all in.    
    
     Next line, 'I have been made new in Christ Jesus and therefore he has given me the power to become a son of God.' This is my favorite. You must read John 1:1-14 but here I want to pull out verses 11-13. It reads, " He came unto his own(Jews/Israelites), and his own received him not. But as many as (this refers to no particular people, it's whoever) received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believed on his name.Which were born, not of blood(same family line), nor the will of the flesh(intercourse), nor the will of man(man's power), but of God." Jeremiah 32:27 "Behold, I am the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" God is the creator of all people but when we receive and believe in Jesus, He becomes our Father. The relationship becomes more intimate.

    From the line, 'I speak therefore I believe and I don't care what you think.' 2Corinthians 4:13 "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak." Again, I encourage you to read the entire chapter to gain greater understanding. You should always pray and ask God for: understanding in His word, who He is, and what he wants you to know.

    The last scriptures were not directly in the expression but it helps sum things up. Matthew 16:24 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." Galatians 3:27-28 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." It does not matter what you look like, where you were born or raised, if you are a man or a women. Not one person is better or greater than another no matter what you have done in life. Galatians 4:7 "Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment